Friday, November 13, 2009

Uniting Lovingly with the World



Pause...
Take the time to notice.





There are awesome things happening all around you that you MAY be too busy to notice!

This morning, I witnessed an amazing sunrise!

My dog Shadow causes me to experience some good things every morning.  I walk her and she walks me.  I observe the joy that she gets from the little things - like having my attention for about half hour. She wags her tail with unrestricted joy.  She looks for my lead and knows that I will protect her.

Some mornings, our joined experience is taken up another level.  Because we walk sometime from 4:30 to 7am, our opportunity to witness nature varies. Some mornings, we watch the deer or rabbits.  This morning, we watched the sunrise.

This blog is about the "Highest and Best" and let me tell you...the highest and best use of your time and attention is often missed.  There is no doubt that I have missed many the marvelous sunset, countless observations of our wild animals, and loads of opportunity to "stop and smell the roses."

NOW - Today...I commit to letting those moments soak in to my reality.  I want to feel connected to the things that are not busy...too busy to enjoy and marvel...committed to a "to-do" list instead of a "to-be" awareness.

My ACIM lesson today said, "...we offer a blessing to all things, uniting lovingly with all the world,"  How appropriate!

BTW: The pic is not my own, but a stock photo from Microsoft Clipart.  I did not have my camera.  And besides that, the sunrise I saw was too magnificient to capture anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment